- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ medium onion, sliced
- 4 ounces baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup fried onions
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook the green beans to desired doneness in a pot of salted boiling water. Plunge in an ice bath (big bowl of ice and water) to stop the cooking.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add onion and mushrooms cooking about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add flour and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Slowly whisk in milk. Simmer 5-10 minutes, until mixture thickens. Whisk in sour cream, and season with salt and pepper.
- Drain beans add to sauce in saucepan. Stir to combine. Bake 25 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Top with fried onions and panko crumbs and bake 5 minutes more or until topping is golden brown.
Keywords: casserole, green beans, mushrooms, onion, fried onions, bake, holiday