- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons teriyaki sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook the ground beef green pepper and onion, in a skillet over medium heat until beef is no longer pink.
- Add in remaining ingredients, except bread, and mix well. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Slice ciabatta in half lengthwise , then into fourths. Remove a bit of the bread from each slice to make a well for the beef mixture.
- Pile sloppy joe mix on one half of 4 bread slices. Top with 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, and place top on sandwich.
- Spread the outside of each sandwich with about 1 tablespoon butter.
- Heat a skillet or griddle until hot over medium high heat. Grill sandwiches until golden brown and the cheese is melted.