- 4 slices light rye bread
- 8 ounces deli sliced turkey
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoncini peppers
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- Pickles for garnish
- In a small skillet over medium heat melt butter. Add sliced onions and pepperoncini peppers, sauté until onions are translucent. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spread each slice of rye bread with 1/2 tablespoon Miracle Whip.
- On a microwave safe plate heat turkey for about 30 seconds to heat through, add an additional 30 seconds if needed.
- Place a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. When the pan is hot place one slice of bread Miracle Whip side down onto the skillet. Top with 2 slices of swiss cheese, half of the turkey and half of the onion paper mixture. Place the remaining slice of bread with the Miracle Whip side up. Grilled each side until golden brown. Watch carefully so as not to burn the sandwich.
- Slice sandwich in half and serve with pickles on the side.