- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced basil
- 2 teaspoons minced oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Salt &Pepper
- 1 – 12 ounce package of bucatini pasta or spaghetti
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Place panko crumbs with the parsley, oregano, garlic and crushed red pepper in a medium size bowl. Add the melted butter and lemon juice and mix until evenly moistened. Season with salt and pepper. Spread the crumbs in an even layer on a baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes, until golden and crisp; let cool.
- Preheat the broiler. In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with the garlic, red onion, parsley, basil, oregano, thyme, crushed red pepper and 1/4 cup of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange the shrimp in an even layer on a large baking sheet. Broil 6 inches from the heat for 5 to 7 minutes, until lightly browned and just cooked through; flipping halfway through broiling.
- Meanwhile, cook the bucatini in the boiling water until al dente. Drain and transfer to a serving bowl. Add the lemon juice and the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil and toss well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the shrimp over the pasta and sprinkle some of the spicy bread crumbs on top. Serve right immediately.
- Pass additional bread crumbs when serving.