Asian Flare……Hoisin Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup Panko crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced, divided
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Homemade Hoisin Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic pepper
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl combine ground chicken, sesame oil, Panko crumbs, fresh ginger, garlic, egg, and 3 of the sliced green onions ( about 3/4 of them). With clean hands mix all ingredients well. Form meat mixture into 18-20 meatballs. I use an ice cream scoop to ensure uniform size.
- Place meatballs on prepared baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through and are browned.
- To make Hoisin Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour Sauce over meatball. Garnish with remaining green onions and sesame seeds.
If you plan on holding the meatballs in a crock pot I would double the sauce recipe.
Keywords: ground chicken, panko crumb, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, peanut butter, appetizer,