- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 – 13.5 ounce can coconut milk
- 2 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pre-baked pie shell
- whipped topping
- toasted coconut for garnish ( I purchased toasted flake coconut, but you can toast your own if you cannot find this kind of coconut)
- Place coconut in a small food processor and grind until coconut is in small pieces.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the coconut milk, eggs, sugar, flour and salt and mix well. Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly. Beside the mixture is very thick, like pudding. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the processed coconut and the vanilla extract.
- Pour the filling into the pre-baked pie shell and chill until firm, about 4 hours.
- Top with whipped topping and toasted coconut.