- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey*
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer**
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 x 5 x 3-inch bread pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Pour the beer and honey into the flour mixture, and stir until combined.
- Melt butter in microwave and pour half of the melted butter into the bottom of the loaf pan. Add the bread batter to the loaf pan. Brush the loaf with remaining butter.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until the top of the bread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Serve immediately. Wrap any remaining bread and store in the refrigerator.
- *Use local organic honey whenever possible
- ** Use the beer of your choice.