The 4th of July is over for another year, and you have beer left. What are you going to do with it??? Honey Beer Bread of course!
You are thinking “She must be crazy….left over beer??? Baking in July???? I can’t say much about left over beer since I don’t drink, but baking in July……come on the air conditioner has been invented!
Besides, who wants to be outside when it’s so steamy hot? Not me! This bread is so good, you will want to stay in and bake no matter what month it is. Honey Beer Bread is perfect for all seasons.
Soup, chili, and stews in the fall and winter. Sandwiches, toast, or just when you want a slice of bread the rest of the year.
A friend of mine had a picture of beer bread she made for her daughters graduation party, and although I know hers was from a mix, it looked delicious. I needed to make some!
Where did I go to search? Pinterest of course. I came across this recipe at Gimme Some Oven. First, the pictures were awesome, they made the Honey Beer Bread look so mouth- watering… I had to try it! I did not change the original recipe click here for Ali’s version.
The only things I suggest are to use local organic honey. Local organic honey is better tasting than store bought, and full of health benefits.
I also suggest a lighter beer, not ‘lite’ beer, but a pale beer. I think a dark beer would be too much, and the color may not be too appetizing.
No words can begin to describe how easy this bread is to make. Six ingredients, less than 5 minutes to mix up, and unattended baking time of around an hour….easy peasy.
Flour, baking powder, and salt….a quick whisk, stir in the beer and honey, Into a bread pan, into the oven, and poof….Honey Beer Bread.
Even a novice baker can make a make a beautiful, delicious loaf of bread in about an hour.
If you love fresh home baked bread, try this quick and easy recipe.Print
Honey Beer Bread
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey*
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer**
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 x 5 x 3-inch bread pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Pour the beer and honey into the flour mixture, and stir until combined.
- Melt butter in microwave and pour half of the melted butter into the bottom of the loaf pan. Add the bread batter to the loaf pan. Brush the loaf with remaining butter.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until the top of the bread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Serve immediately. Wrap any remaining bread and store in the refrigerator.
- *Use local organic honey whenever possible
- ** Use the beer of your choice.