- 2 pounds beef chuck roast
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 pepperoncinis (mild or hot)
- 1/4 cup of juice from pepperoncinis jar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- Place the beef roast at the bottom of the crockpot. Place all other ingredients on top of the roast. Cover the crock pot and set on high for 4-6 hours, or on low from 8-10 hours.
- Once the beef is tender and falling apart, use two fork to shred the meat in the juices.
- Serve warm on toasted rolls, on a pizza in nachos or with rice or pasta, or on it’s own.
This recipe can be cooked in a crockpot or a pressure cooker. Times in the recipe are for a crockpot. If using a pressure cooker adjust times according to your pressure cooker instructions. Mine take 70 minutes.
Keywords: chuck roast, onion, garlic, pepperoni peppers, red wine, sandwich, instant pot