The holidays are fast approaching and it seems there is never enough time to get everything done. Now is the time to pull out the crock pot or pressure cooker and put it to good use. Italian Beef – two ways………
A couple of weeks ago Tim mentioned Italian Beef………he wanted to make a pizza…….Italian Beef and Pepper Pizza. The Italian Beef being the star of the show……….. we wanted it to be perfect.
I have made my Italian Beef the same way for years! Super easy and totally delicious. Tim on the other had wanted to make a jazzed up version……..you know Mr. Spicy. So, we made both…….they were both delicious, but of course I though mine was a smig better and he thought the same about his………so let’s call it a tie. I will share both recipes with you and you be the judge!
Using either recipe you can, make the pizza, which we will also post the recipe for, or sandwiches, use it to top pasta or rice. Make it into nachos for game day. Whatever you do with it will be awesome.
Back to the Holiday madness……. this would be perfect for a Christmas or New Years Eve buffet…….it holds in the crock pot beautifully.
Throw it in the crock pot before that last minute shopping and when you get home with your goodies ………dinner is ready……….and no one will say What the “Forks” for Dinner?Print
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 pepperoncinis (mild or hot)
- 1/4 cup of juice from pepperoncinis jar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- Place the beef roast at the bottom of the crockpot. Place all other ingredients on top of the roast. Cover the crock pot and set on high for 4-6 hours, or on low from 8-10 hours.
- Once the beef is tender and falling apart, use two fork to shred the meat in the juices.
- Serve warm on toasted rolls, on a pizza in nachos or with rice or pasta, or on it’s own.
This recipe can be cooked in a crockpot or a pressure cooker. Times in the recipe are for a crockpot. If using a pressure cooker adjust times according to your pressure cooker instructions. Mine take 70 minutes.
Keywords: chuck roast, onion, garlic, pepperoni peppers, red wine, sandwich, instant pot
- 3-4 lb Roast
- 2 Packets of Zesty Italian Dressing Mix (dry mix)
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 12 oz jar of sliced Pepperocini and juice
- 1 cup of beef broth
- Place all ingredients into crock pot and cook on low 8-10 hours or on high 4-6 hours. Shred the meat using two forks. Use in sandwiches, pizza, nachos, or on pasta or rice.
This recipe can be cooked in a crockpot or a pressure cooker. Times in the recipe are for a crockpot. If using a pressure cooker adjust times according to your pressure cooker instructions.