- 3 pieces bacon
- 1 potato sliced into even slices
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 slices mild cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 pieces sour dough bread
- Garlic pepper
- On medium heat cook bacon, until desired doneness, I prefer crispy. Reserve about 2 tablespoons bacon fat.
- Cut your potato into even slices, about 4-5 slices for each sandwich. In the reserved bacon fat, fry the potatoes until browned and crispy. Seasoning with garlic pepper and salt to taste.
- To assemble the sandwich, coat one side of the sour dough bread with butter, be sure to cover the entire surface.
- Flip the slices over and on the other side spread the sour cream using 1 tablespoon on each pieces of bread.
- Layer beginning with cheese slices using two slices to start. Top with bacon, potatoes, and green onions, using the remaining sour cream to keep the layers in place, then top with remaining two slices of cheese. Place the remaining piece of bread sour cream side down over the layers.
- Over medium heat grill your sandwich until each side is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Cut in half and enjoy!