- Cuban Mojo Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1⁄8 tsp. dried oregano
- 12 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 4 slices applewood smoked bacon, cut in half and fried until crisp
- 4 slices Monterey jack cheese
- 4 ciabatta buns, lightly toasted
- Sliced tomatoes,leaf lettuce, and sliced red onion for garnish
- Honey Mustard Sauce
- ¼-cup plain greek yogurt
- ¼-cup Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon regular yellow mustard
- ¼-cup honey
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients for the mojo sauce. Place chicken breast into sauce and marinade. I marinaded mine for about 8 hours.
- In a small bowl mix all ingredients for the honey mustard sauce. Refrigerate until serving.
- Preheat a grill pan or large skillet( sprayed with non stick cooking spray), over medium high heat. Remove chicken breast from marinade and discard the marinade.Cook the marinaded chicken breast until cooked through completely. Alternately you can cook on your outside grill.
- To assemble the sandwich; place the bottom of a toasted ciabatta bun on a plate or cutting board. Layer cheese, tomato, chicken breast, lettuce, and red onion. Top with bacon, then drizzle with honey mustard sauce, placing reaming piece of ciabatta bun on top. Serve extra sauce on the side for dipping.