- 1 – 13.2 0z. can Pillsbury Simply Rustic French Bread
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup ham, cubed
- 1 cup swiss cheese, cubed
- Cut the french bread dough into large cubes, and set aside.
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk, dijon mustard, and egg thoroughly.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and combine until there are no lumps. The batter should be slightly thin, but thick enough to stick to the cubed bread dough. If the batter is to thick add a touch more milk.
- Add bread dough, cubed, ham and swiss cheese. Place in a cast iron skillet or a baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake in a 375* oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Serve with Raspberry-Dijon Dipping Sauce.
Keywords: bake, brunch, cast iron skillet, dijon, ham, swiss cheese