- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups half and half
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup swiss cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1– 14.1 ounce loaf brioche bread, cubed
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cup pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Melt butter in skillet. Add mushrooms and onions and sauté until browned. Add ham and cook for 2 minutes more. Set aside.
- Spray 7×3” cake pan, or similar glass or metal baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, making sure it will fit in your pressure cooking pot.
- Prepare a foil sling to lift your pan from the pressure cooking pot. Take a 18” strip of foil and fold it lengthwise twice.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup sugar,milk, beaten eggs, 1/2 cup of the swiss cheese, salt and pepper. Mix in cubed bread and ham, mushroom, onion mixture. Let rest until the bread absorbs the milk.(Just a few minutes) Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Pour 1 cup water into the pressure cooking pot and place the rack in the bottom. Center the pan on the foil sling and lower it into the pressure cooker.
- Lock the lid in place. Select High Pressure and set the timer for 25 minutes. When beep sounds, turn off pressure cooker, and do a quick pressure release to release the pressure. Carefully remove lid.
- Remove dish from pressure cooking pot and top with remaining swiss cheese. Place dish under the broiler to brown up the top, if desired.
- In small bowl, whisk together Dijon mustard, maple syrup, rice wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Place mixture in a small sauce pan and heat until just warm.