- Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce (your favorite)
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 4 cups roasted cauliflower, chopped small
- 1/4 green onions, sliced
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon each salt & black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced garlic
- Non stick coconut oil spray
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Prepare the dipping sauce by mixing the ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cauliflower, scallions, and parmesan cheese, and flour.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, soy sauce, pepper and garlic.
- Stir the egg mixture into the cauliflower mixture. Mix well.
- Spray skillet with non stick spray and heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, about 3 minutes.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the mixture into the griddle. Flatten slightly with a spatula.
- Cook 3-4 minutes on each side, until browned on both sides. Flip them carefully or they will fall apart.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately, with the dipping sauce.
Recipe makes 8 crouquettes serving two per person.