- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 6 anchovy fillets, rinsed well, patted dry, and finely chopped 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary. minced
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2/3 cup chicken stock
- 4 slices applewood smoked bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place cauliflower florets onion, thyme, garlic, oil, and salt and pepper in a large ziplock bag and toss to coat with oil. Place coated cauliflower on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast, tossing occasionally, until almost tender, 35-40 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan, toss to combine, and roast until cauliflower is tender, 10–12 minutes longer.
- Remove garlic cloves and peel. Set aside.
- Boil the pasta according to package directions until al dente.
- Cook bacon in skillet over medium heat until crisp.Remove to a paper towel lined plate. To the bacon fat in the skillet add the anchovies, rosemary, reserved garlic, and pepper flakes. Cook, stirring, about 2 minutes. Add the stock, and cook until reduced by half, 3-5 minutes more.
- Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water, and then drain the pasta. Add the pasta to the skillet along with the bacon, cauliflower, and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, toss to combine, and season to taste with salt. Add some pasta water to loosen the sauce, if necessary. Serve topped with the remaining cheese and the parsley.