- 3/4 cup caramel bits
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1– 13oz. can dulce de leche
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Stir 1 cup of milk and 2 cups of cream together in a medium bowl.
- Soften the dulce de leche in the microwave and whisk it into the milk/cream mixture until well blended. Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Once mixture is chilled, stir in the vanilla and a pinch of salt, using an ice cream machine according to manufactures directions pour mixture into machine.
- After ice cream is frozen but still soft, fold in the caramel bits.
- Place in a sealed container and freezer until ice cream reaches desired consistency.