- 2 slices applewood smoked bacon, cut in half
- 4 large scallops
- 6 asparagus spears
- 1 pack Hollandaise sauce ( or homemade if you prefer)
- ciabatta bun
- Pat scallops dry with paper towels. This is key to get a nice sear tot the scallops. In a large skillet over medium heat cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towel. Leave bacon grease in skillet to cook scallops.
- With heat at medium high , add scallops, cooking for 2-3 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Add asparagus spears to same pan. Cook until slightly charred, but still tender crisp. Set aside
- Prepare hollandaise according to package directions.
- To assemble sandwiches. Stack bacon, asparagus, then scallops on toasted ciabatta roll.
- Drizzle with Hollandaise sauce and top with bun top.
Recipe is for one sandwich. Easy made into as many as you need.