- Pepper Jack Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 large poblano, minced (reserve 2 tablespoons)
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups freshly grated pepper jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Burrito Stuffing
- 1 pound small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 ½ cups shredded carrots
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach,packed
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 dozen flour tortillas
- Pepper Jack Sauce:
- In a large saucepan over medium heat melt and whisk in the flour.
- Allow to cook just until it begins to brown. Gradually add in the chicken stock whisking continuously about 2-3 minutes. When the sauce just begins to thicken, stir in the sour cream, whisking until smooth. Add garlic and the poblano pepper. Stir in 1 cup of the pepper jack cheese, When the cheese melts, remove from heat and stir in 2 tablespoons of cilantro. Set aside.
- Burrito Filling:
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. In a large sauce pan, heat oil over medium high heat. Add the shrimp and cook about 1 minutes per side. Remove the shrimp to a dish using a slotted spoon and season with salt and pepper. Add onions to the pan and cook until they begin to turn translucent. Add the garlic, 2 tablespoons of reserved poblano and carrots and sauté for about 2minutes. Add spinach and Sriracha ,allow the spinach to just start to wilt, remove pan from stove. Add the shrimp to the spinach mixture, toss to combine.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Warm tortillas for a few minutes to soften them for easier rolling. Place about 1/4 cup of the shrimp mixture on the tortilla.(Just enough so you can roll the burrito easily) Sprinkle with some of the remaining cheese and roll the tortilla burrito style.
- Fold in both side of the tortilla,grab the bottom flap and tuck it over the contents and roll until closed. Place the burrito seam side down in prepared baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 20-30 minutes or until heated all the way through. To serve ladle sauce over each burrito and sprinkle with cilantro for garnish.