- 3 cups tri colored quinoa, cooked
- 1 large chicken breast, diced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cups slim milk
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 – 12ounce package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and drained
- 11 oz package baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups 5 Cheese Italian cheese, shredded & divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Cook quinoa according to package directions
- Preheat large non-stick skillet on medium heat , melt coconut oil. Add onion and garlic, and chicken, sauté until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375* Spray 9″ x 13″ baking dish with cooking spray. In a small bowl, whisk together milk with cornstarch. Add milk mixture to a skillet with cooked onion, garlic and chicken. Add Artichoke hearts, spinach, 1 cup of cheese, quinoa (fluff with a fork a bit before adding), add salt and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Mix remaining 1/2 cup cheese and panko crumbs in a small bowl, set aside.
- Transfer skillet mixture into the prepared baking dish,and sprinkle with panko cheese mixture. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes. If topping is browning to quickly loosely cover with foil.
- Remove from oven an let set for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Can be made without chicken for a vegetarian meal.