- 2 cups fresh cranberries ( preferably organic )
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary minced
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- Zest of 1 orange
- Heat oil in medium sauce pan over medium heat. Sauté shallots until softened about 5 minutes. Reducing heat to medium low if necessary. You do not want to brown the shallots. Add ginger and sauté until fragrant another minute or two.
- Add cranberries,both sugars,vinegar,orange juice, and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, add rosemary and simmer for 10 minutes until the cranberries have burst and sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat and remove cinnamon stick. Stir in orange zest and cool.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator up to 10 days.