We know the day is all about the bird, but what is along the side is just as important. If you are looking for those last minute ideas we have a few……
Forget the canned sauce……this is so much better,
and it can be made up to 10 days ahead……..that’s right…….. ten days!!!
- 2 cups fresh cranberries ( preferably organic )
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary minced
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- Zest of 1 orange
- Heat oil in medium sauce pan over medium heat. Sauté shallots until softened about 5 minutes. Reducing heat to medium low if necessary. You do not want to brown the shallots. Add ginger and sauté until fragrant another minute or two.
- Add cranberries,both sugars,vinegar,orange juice, and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, add rosemary and simmer for 10 minutes until the cranberries have burst and sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat and remove cinnamon stick. Stir in orange zest and cool.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator up to 10 days.
Green Bean Casserole
All the flavor of the traditional but homemade……with a little store bought…….can beat those french fried onions……get the recipe here Green Beans Casserole Recipe
This is sure to be a show stopper. It’s a beautiful salad and the taste of the roasted pears will surely be remembered by your guests…….get the recipe here Roasted Pear Salad
I am all for the traditional Pumpkin pie, but not everyone likes pumpkin pie, so why not switch it up and have a Butterfinger pie. This is one of my oldest and most favorite recipes……….make it as a second option. My bet is on the Butterfinger to be gone first…..get the recipe here Butterfingers Pie.
Tim and I wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving and hope you will try at least one of our sides for your Thanksgiving fare. Enjoy!