- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups Honey Bunches of Oats-Sweet Cinnamon Bunches
- 1 quarts vanilla ice cream (softened)
- Turbinado Sugar
- Whipped Topping
- Caramel sauce – Mrs. Richardson’s is the best
- Let ice cream sit at room temperature to soften – about 10-15 min.
- Place cereal in large bag and crush.
- Melt butter in microwave in a medium size bowl.
- Add brown sugar to butter and stir to combined. Add crushed corn flakes to butter and sugar mixture and stir until well combined.
- Place 1 tablespoon of cereal mixture into the bottom of a muffin tin lined with a muffin liner. I used a heavier duty liner. Press the cereal mixture down firmly.
- Place one scoop of softened ice cream onto of cereal mixture.
- Using your hands pack cereal mixture around ice cream scoop to cover.
- Once all of the tins are covered with cereal mixture, sprinkle with turbinado sugar and cinnamon.
- Place in freezer to refreeze.
- To serve, remove each muffin liner and place un-fried fried ice cream on plate or in a small bowl. Garnish with whipped topping, and caramel sauce.