- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 13 ounces package Italian Herb cooked sausage, sliced thin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh fennel bulb, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 2– 32 ounce cartons chicken stock
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 9-ounce package cheese tortellini
- 1 cup grated Asiago cheese
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add next 7 ingredients. Sauté until vegetables are soft and kielbasa is brown, about 12 minutes. Add stock and bring to boil. Stir in spinach and beans. Reduce heat and simmer until spinach is wilted, about 4 minutes. Add tortellini to soup. Simmer until pasta is al dente, about 5-7 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with asiago cheese.