Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cookie for Two
Love is in the air……..it’s almost Valentine’s Day.
Candy…….flowers……..special meals………indulgent desserts………Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cookie for Two.
Last year I made a similar cookie……..except, it was round……….and not dark chocolate. After I made the Chocolate Raspberry Cookie for Two, I started to play around with the recipe. Since Tim and I both adore dark chocolate, that was where I wanted to go with it.
Did you know they make dark chocolate cocoa powder? Well, I didn’t either…….color me surprised and delighted. First change ……dark cocoa powder. Add dark chocolate chips, keep the raspberries, adding a few more, and almonds. This recipe went from delicious to delectable!
So, here is the best part………..it took all of ten minutes to assemble, eight minutes to bake, and maybe five more minutes to decorate…….in less than twenty five minutes, you have a special heart shaped dark chocolate cookie for two! It will look like you spent all day on it! Don’t worry your secret is safe with me………
A couple of tips:
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. It keeps the bottom from burning or sticking to the pan.
- Draw or trace a heart shape onto the parchment paper as a guide to form the cookie.
- Spray your finger tips with non stick spray so the dough doesn’t stick to your fingers
- Under bake cookie just a touch…..they keep baking after you remove them from the oven.
- Let the chocolate that you will put on the cookie cool slightly before placing the raspberries but don’t let it harden completely or they won’t stick.
- To make drizzling the white chocolate on the top a snap, put a baggie in a glass or cup and push the top over the side of the cup to make an opening. Pour the melted chocolate in the baggie,snip off a corner, and drizzle away. Then just toss the bag…….easy!
Show your special Valentine how much you care with a Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cookie for Two………..and feel the love!
Happy Valentines Day!!!!
- For Cookie:
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/8 teaspoon each vanilla and raspberry extract
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- Cookie Topping:
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds toasted
- Fresh red raspberries
- 1 oz. white chocolate melted ( you can also use chocolate if you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 350*
- For cookie:
- In a small bowl, stir together butter, sugar, egg yolk, vanilla, and raspberry extract. Making sure to blend well so the butter and sugar are well incorporated.
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder into the sugar mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place dough on lined cookie sheet and shape mixture into a 6 inch round cookie making a slight edge around the outside of the cookie.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. Remove cookie from oven and sprinkle the 1/4 cup chocolate chips over cookie and place back in oven for 1 minute. Remove from oven and spread the chocolate chips, over the cookie up to the edge you made.
- For Toppings:
- Arrange the raspberries and almond in any fashion you like…….be creative. Melt the 1 oz. of chocolate and drizzle over entire cookie. Serve alone or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.