Bacon Filled Cherry Tomatoes
What can you say about bacon that hasn’t been said……..it simply makes everything better!
It’s the Holiday Season…….so loopty lou, and loopty lie, and don’t forget about the pumpkin pie, it the holiday season………sorry……… too much Christmas music already…….sometime you just have to burst into song…..tee hee!
But, it is the Holiday Season is here and that means parties are here. Parties need food, finger food to be exact. Finger food with bacon………Bacon Filled Cherry Tomatoes. These little gems are a pop in your mouth taste treat. Like a mini BLT……… with out the L ……..and no bread……..but they are loaded with bacon!
I started making these years ago, and they were my go to appetizer for a looooong time. This is another recipe that was originally from one of those little cookbooks from the check out lane at the grocery store. If I would have in my wildest imagination thought I would write a food blog someday, I would have written down where I got the recipes from so I could give credit where credit is due.………oh wait, when I first started buying these little books, no one knew what a food blog was….LOL……..the times they do change.
They are really quite simple to make, fry up and crumble bacon, add green onion, basil, some parmesan cheese, and Miracle Whip ………sorry but I do not like mayo, but if you do please use it in place of the Miracle Whip…….if you really want too……….mix all together and stuff into hollowed out cherry tomatoes. A melon baller makes this process a breeze.
I made these for Tim the first time last week. He does not care for just a tomato, so I wasn’t sure how he would like these…….enter bacon……he loved them……..enough said!
Not only are these Bacon Filled Cherry Tomatoes a treat for your taste buds, they are pretty, and red, with a little green and Christmasy……….hence…..the perfect party appetizer!Print
- 1 pound applewood smoked bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup miracle whip
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- In a medium bowl, combine bacon, green onion, basil, parmesan cheese, and miracle whip.
- Slice a thin piece off the top of each tomato, enough to expose the inter flesh. Using a melon baller, or a small spoon, scoop out the inside of the tomatoes.
- Invert the hollowed tomatoes on paper towels to drain.
- Fill with bacon mixture and garnish with extra parmesan cheese or basil if desired.
Keywords: cherry tomato, bacon, green onion, appetizer, parmesan cheese