Gluten Free Double Chocolate Pistachio Cookies
As promised…………..Gluten Free Double Chocolate Pistachio Cookies……….
If anyone could tell these are gluten free I would eat my hat! These are some of the best cookies we’ve ever eaten. Double chocolate, crispy on the outside, and fudgy on the inside………a totally perfect cookie. A wonderful treat for those with a gluten intolerance and for those without.
Pistachios………you would think for all the cooking and baking I have done in my life I would have tried pistachios………but no, and neither had Tim. Well, unless you count the “Watergate Cake” that was popular when I was in my early twenties. It was made with pistachio pudding. After tasting them lets just say the pudding does not do justice to these little green nuggets. They are wonderful and I will definitely be searching for other ways to use them.
Another thing that I like about this recipe, is that it doesn’t make a huge amount of cookies. It makes ten or so, which is perfect. Enough to share if you are so inclined, but not so many that you are eating them for a month…….like they would last that long at our house…..lol.
So, whether you need a gluten free cookie or not these are a a chocolate lovers delight and a pistachio lovers dream all in one yummy cookie!Print
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Sea salt to taste
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup pistachios, chopped
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and sea salt in a bowl then set aside. In a separate bowl beat coconut oil with a hand/stand mixer until creamy then add in sugar. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Pour in dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips and pistachios.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop batter on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes, then let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Keywords: chocolate, almond flour, pistachios, cookie, gluten free