The 4th of July weekend brings with it camping, picnics, get togethers, fireworks and food. Speaking of fireworks, how about a firecracker of a burger……. our Cilantro-Sriracha Burgers.
Tim has a taste for the spicy, and Sriracha is one of his favorites. So, why not a burger with Sriracha???………no reason not too. This creation is all Tim……he told me what he wanted in a burger, and I added it in. Now, I must admit I wasn’t too sure about some of the ingredients, they all are strong flavors, but the result was amazing. The burger was spicy to be sure, not only is there Sriracha, but also jalapeño, cumin, onion, coriander, garlic, and cilantro. Now, the spicy was not that breathing fire, oh my God get me a glass of water spicy, it was more a I can breathe a little better now, tingle to your taste buds!
For condiments, an extra layer of spice with some sriracha mayo. You can adjust the spice in the mayo to your taste. I kept mine to the less spicy side, but for those of you who like it hot…..add all you want!
Top the burger with some cool toppings…….lettuce, tomato, onion, and avocado. The avocado was my addition. Tim is not as big a fan of them as I am, but they lent a cool creaminess that I really liked. But as with any burger, add the condiments you enjoy.
So, the next time a spicy burger is in order try the Cilantro-Sriracha Burgers, its fireworks for your tastebuds!Print
- 1 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons cilantro,chopped
- 1 small jalapeño, minced
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 3/4 teaspoons course salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices Pepper jack cheese
- Hamburger buns
- Sriracha Mayo:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise 1-2 teaspoons sriracha, or to taste
- avocado ,tomato, lettuce ,onion, Sriracha Mayo
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. (you can also cook indoors on grill pan or in a skillet)
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, cilantro, jalapeño, red onion, sriracha, garlic, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper. Form into 2-4 patties. (we make large burgers)
- Make the Sriracha Mayo by combining the mayonnaise and sriracha in a small bowl until combined.
- Cook the burgers over medium heat,to desired doneness. Top with pepper jack cheese during last few minutes to melt the cheese. Serve burger on toasted bun with Sriracha mayo, and desired condiments.
Keywords: burgers, spicy, sriracha, cilantro, grill