Stay at home they say…. sound advice given the severity of the situation. We hope you are all following that advice and staying home, safe, and healthy. But what to do when you’re stuck at home? Bake, of course! Caramel Pecan Cookies.
I watch a lot of Food Network. I have recently become a huge fan of Trisha Yearwood’s show Trisha’s Southern Kitchen. She is so sweet and funny, and her recipes are perfect for all levels of cooking experience.
Several weeks ago, I was looking for a cookie recipe to use up some white chocolate chips and dried cranberries. I did a google search, and Trisha’s recipe White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies were in the results, and I tried them. They were delicious!!
Tim and I both thought the base of the cookies was perfect. Crispy on the outside, chewy soft in the middle….a perfect cookie.
That got me to thinking of how I could swap up ingredients and make a different flavor of cookie but keep that same crispy, chewy, soft cookie base.
Caramel Pecan Cookies. We both love caramel pecan anything. Swapping a few of the ingredients in the original recipe, and substituting them with Caramel chips and pecans worked like a charm.
Ghirardelli……the maker of all thing chocolate has caramel chips for baking, and they are fantastic! Using them as a substitute in almost any recipe that calls for chocolate chips would be great.
Pecans…the King of nuts and paired with caramel……YUM! Toast the pecans before chopping and adding to the recipe for more flavor.
Finding the original recipe from Trisha Yearwood, I can see making many more cookies and swapping up ingredients to utilize that perfect cookie base…..stay tuned!!Print
Caramel Pecan Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 dozen 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Adapted from Trisha Yearwood’s White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla paste (or extract)
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 –10-ounce package Ghirardelli Caramel Flavored Baking Chips
1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and both sugars together until smooth in a stand mixer or handheld mixer.
- Add the vanilla and egg, mixing well.
- Sift together the flour and baking soda.
- Spoon the flour mixture gradually into the creamed sugar mixture.
- Stir in the caramel chips and chopped pecans.
- Using an ice cream scoop, place dough onto the prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Bake one sheet at a time until lightly golden, and the edges are set about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool cookies on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Keywords: bake, cookie, chewy, soft, caramel chips, pecans