Who doesn’t like anything Alfredo? And who doesn’t love pasta…..especially fun shells? Nobody!!!! Chicken Alfredo Pasta Shells ……..best of both worlds!
There is a bonus to this dish it’s easy and you probably have all the ingredients in your pantry.
Ok, maybe not the shells, but you should have them as they can be stuffed with anything and their fun shape, well makes them fun. Boil the shells until just al dente, drain and rinse until cool enough to handle.
For the filling, chicken and Alfredo sauce go together perfectly. Ricotta, egg, Italian seasoning, parmesan, and Italian blend cheese. I always use the Italian blend shredded cheese you can get in the dairy section instead of mozzarella……..not that there is anything wrong with just mozzarella, but the blend adds an extra layer of cheese flavor.
For the chicken, use any leftover chicken you may have. A rotisserie chicken works, or I used frozen chicken strips and chopped them. Whatever you have is fine.
Once you have your filling mixed……stuff away. For me the mixture was enough for the 30 shells, giving each person 5, when serving six people.
A little sauce in the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch baking dish and lay the stuffed shells on top. Pour the remaining sauce over the shells and then top with remaining cheese.
Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and browned. I broiled mine for a few minutes for that extra brown cheese…….I just love that!
Chicken Alfredo Pasta Shells are a quick, easy, yummy dinner that will please your entire family. Serve with a nice salad and some crusty bread.Print
- 30 pasta shells
- 1-15 ounce jar Alfredo sauce
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded 6 Cheese Italian blend, divided
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook your pasta according to package directions.
- Spread 1 cup of you Alfredo sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan.
- Mix together your egg and your ricotta in a medium sized bowl. Mix in your parmesan and 1 cup of your mozzarella cheese.
- Add in your Italian seasoning, garlic powder, pepper, and salt.
- Add in your chopped chicken and mix well.
- Stuff shells with chicken mixture and put shells into your prepared pan.
- Pour remaining Alfredo sauce over the top of shells. Top with additional mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. I broiled for the last few minutes for that extra golden color.