So to go along with the October Beans Southern Style you need a great cornbread. The Rosemary Pecan Cornbread is the perfect match. The nutty taste of the beans and the pecans in the cornbread pair perfectly. Now I have made cornbread many times …..Jiffy mix, scratch from the corn meal box but this was a different take for me. First it doesn’t have flour………now I always thought you needed flour for any “bread” recipe. I was pleasantly surprised . I hope you will be too. Now I must say I did find different versions of this recipe on Pinterest and tweaked to my own version. Enjoy with the beans for a hearty warming dinner.Print
Flourless Cornbread with pecans and rosemary.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups stoneground cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 1 egg. lightly beaten
- 1 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 T oil
- Preheat oven to 450*
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to an 8” cast iron skillet; place in oven until
- very hot.
- Stir together corn meal and next 5 ingredients. Whisk together egg, buttermilk and remaining oil. Add to dry ingredients and stir until combined. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Spoon into hot skillet bake at 450* for 30 min or until browned and set. Serve with your favorite Soup or Chili
Keywords: cornmeal, pecans, green onion, rosemary, buttermilk, bake