Does anything say fall more than pumpkin????? I think not…….But Pumpkin Ravioli says it best!!
Easy to make, using wonton wrappers instead of making pasta, filling from canned pumpkin, a touch of sage and walnuts ………yummm!
I have always loved pasta. I could eat it everyday. There is something heart warming and hearty about a pasta dish.
I had never really thought of pumpkin with pasta, but you use squash, so why not pumpkin?? No reason what so ever……here we go.
Just a can of pumpkin, not pie filling, just regular pumpkin. Mix it with some grated nutmeg, buy the nuts and grate it yourself, you will not be sorry. A touch of parmesan and walnuts. A quick mix and ooh la la.. filling.
Wonton wrappers are a perfect faux pasta. Just fill, fold, and boil. It takes just minutes.
I had a skillet with butter over a low heat waiting to bathe the ravioli in its lusciousness. Add in some walnut and sage, give it a toss.
Plate and serve with extra, walnut, sage and parmesan cheese. The perfect fast and easy fall pasta…..Pumpkin Ravioli!Print
- One 15 oz can pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup ground walnuts (toasted), plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- One 8 oz. package wonton wrapper
- Water for dabbing
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, chopped
- Place the canned pumpkin in a bowl. Add nutmeg, walnuts, Parmesan cheese, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper, and mix well.
- In the center of a wonton wrapper, place 1 heaping teaspoon of the pumpkin-cheese mixture near one corner
- Using the tip of your finger, moisten the edges of the wrapper with a dab of water. Fold wrapper over (forming a triangle) and press down the edges with your fingertips and the tines of a fork.
- Place the finished ravioli on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- Add a teaspoon of oil to a 6-quart pot of water and bring to a boil.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over low heat.
- Add the ravioli to boiling water and cook for 1 minute. Remove from water and place in skillet of warm butter.
- Continue with remaining ravioli adding to butter.Add the sage and pinch of salt and pepper. Toss gently to coat ravioli with butter sauce.