Asparagus Scallops ……….Asparagus……..our first year with our own has proven to be well worth the wait………it has taken three long years.
We have made several dishes, and as the crop continues (hopefully for a while longer), I will be able to post a few more recipes with this yummy spring veggie.
Scallops, are something that people either LOVE or do not. Tim and I happen to LOVE them. They pair well with many things but, pairing them with the fresh, home grown, extra special, because we grew it ourselves asparagus, was nothing short of fabulous!
While the sauce is not exactly fat free it is tastiful……………I know not proper english, and probably grammatically incorrect, but…………….if you want that kind of writing you are in the wrong spot. I write like I talk……..those of you who know me know I am kinda a goober sometimes, so, now those who do not know me know as well.
This recipe is quick to fix, would be impressive to serve to company, makes a great date night dinner, and as I have already said is tastiful!! So. whether you have your own asparagus, bum some from a friend who has an asparagus patch, or purchase it from the store……………then try our Asparagus Scallops recipe for dinner tonight!
- ½ lb asparagus
- 1½ tablespoons coconut or olive oil
- 1 lb large sea scallops
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 shallot minced
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- ½ stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, cut into tablespoon pieces
- Trim asparagus, then cut stems into ¼-inch-thick diagonal slices, leaving tips whole.
- Heat ½ tablespoon oil in a 12-inch heavy nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until hot, sauté asparagus, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate with a slotted spoon, reserving skillet off heat. You can use the same skillet for the entire meal, so no need to clean.
- Pat scallops dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add remaining oil to skillet and heat over moderately high heat until hot, then sauté scallops, turning over once, until browned and just cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes total. Transfer scallops to another plate as cooked.