Lemon Raspberry Bundt Cake
#cakemonday ………..what an perfect idea!
I know I sang the praises of my school co- worker and fellow food blogger Kelly, at Team Cuisine in a recent post, but this is in ingenious idea. Plus……I get to bake!!!!! And eat cake!!!!!
Years ago, I was the bakery manager in a small town grocery store. It was a great job……early morning……..I am a morning person….or was….lol. It was also a creative outlet…..something I enjoyed very much.
I always found it amazing that people thought I made all the items we sold at the store from scratch. It still makes me smile and shake my head.
I was a fake and bake…..no really its true. Most things came either in a ready to bake dough or they were already baked. Now before you become a hater, know that almost all grocery stores do the exact same thing.
Besides, I didn’t really think I could bake, especially cakes. I tried a couple of times, but they always seemed dry and dense to me.
I think I was just waiting for the perfect opportunity to do it right…….What the “Forks” for Dinner? and #cakemonday are those opportunities.
And not to brag on myself but…….I’m kinda awesome at it!!!! I know whoda thunk?????
Lemon Raspberry Bundt Cake……is a case in point. This cake is fresh, lemony, moist, and with a hint of raspberries……..yum!
Using a bundt pan make it easy to bake, easy to decorate and easy to tote ……….important for #cakemonday or those times its your turn to bring dessert.
Next time you need to provide dessert, or if you want to start your own #cakemonday ……try Lemon Raspberry Bundt Cake………all bake ….no fake!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 and ¼ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar,packed
- 4 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour,
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk3
- zest + juice of 3 medium lemons4
- 1 and ½ cups raspberries, fresh
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Glaze 4 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup half and half or whipping/heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray bundt pan with nonstick spray and dust with flour. Set aside.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on high until creamy - about 1 minute.
- Add both sugars and beat on medium-high speed until creamed.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Beat on medium speed about 2 until everything is combined. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Set aside.
- In a large sized bowl,sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Beat on low speed for about 5 seconds, then add buttermilk, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Toss the raspberries in 1 Tablespoon of flour and fold gently into the batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until a pick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Beat cream cheese and butter until throughly combined. Add remaining ingredients and beat until smooth.