This is a real quick post for a fabulous winter cake………… Hot Chocolate Bundt Cake!
It was #cake monday…….only on a Tuesday cause of MLK Day. I was fresh out of ideas for my cake contribution, until I came across recipes on Pinterest for Hot Chocolate Bundt Cake.
There are quite a few recipes for this cake, but the one from Cookie and Cups is perfect. I used the recipe without any changes. So thank you Cookies and Cups!
Usually for #cakemonday I try to make a bundt cake. They just seem easier all the way around. They are easy to make, easy to bake, and easy to take……..I know, I know I’m a poet……lol
This cake is dense, chocolatey and really does taste like hot chocolate. The marshmallows are the perfect decoration and taste.
So, on your next snowy, cold, cake monday ………or any day, try a Hot Chocolate Bundt Cake!Print
Hot Chocolate Bundt Cake
- 2¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup dry hot chocolate mix
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1–8 ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 ounces milk chocolate chips, melted
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp dry hot chocolate mix
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Spray 10″ bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and hot chocolate mix. Set aside.
- Cream together you butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add in sugar and beat on medium about 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- In microwave safe bowl, melt milk chocolate. Add to butter mixture and mix until well blended.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing well in between each and then add vanilla.
- Slowly add in your sifted dry ingredients.
- Mix ingredients until incorporated. Don’t over mix.
- Fill your pan with batter and bake for 1 hour, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan and then transfer to wire rack.
- In small saucepan over low heat melt milk chocolate, 2 tablespoons dry hot chocolate mix, heavy cream and butter together until melted, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Pour over cooled cake.
- Garnish with marshmallows.