Ok, I’m at it again with the pressure cooker………Pressure Cooker Chicken Marsala.
I will continue to sing the praises of the pressure cooker until every home in America has one….from sea to shining sea!!
Sorry…… too many political messages lately…..I have lost my mind!
But, for a busy family, this is the one kitchen gadget you need.
I have made Chicken Marsala from many different recipes over the years, but this one, besides the ease of the pressure cooke,r is the best yet.
I think I like it because of the simple ingredients. Nothing fancy, or out of the norm, just fresh chicken……I buy range free…..personal choice, organic mushrooms, and fresh garlic.
Marsala wine is Italy’s most famous version of fortified wine, hailing from Italy’s sunny southern region, Marsala is an ancient city on the coast of Sicily. Marsala wine is recognized for its use in various cooking and culinary combinations.
Marsala wine can be strong, like a port wine or a sherry, but the alcohol cooks off, so no worries. Only a rich, mellow and earthy taste remains. Part of that earthiness comes from the mushrooms. I prefer baby bella’s, but any mushroom will do.
Sear the chicken breast …….no one wants a pale chicken breast. Add the mushrooms, garlic, and Marsala, cover and cook.
In seven minutes, remove the chicken , thicken the sauce, put the chicken back in for a few minutes to absorb the sauce.
I sliced the chicken breast for ease of eating and they look pretty that way. Place the sliced chicken on top of hot buttery egg noodles…..you can leave out the butter part, but I prefer egg noodles with butter……ladle on the mushroom marsala sauce and sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.
Pressure Cooker Chicken Marsala……….simple, delicious, and quick!!Print
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup marsala cooking wine
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- Fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Cooked egg noodles
- Spray chicken with non stick spray ( I use coconut oil spray)and season with salt and pepper.
- Using the sear function on your pressure cooker, sear chicken breast.
- Top chicken with garlic, mushrooms, and marsala wine. Set pressure cooker to high pressure for 7 minutes. Once time is up release pressure.
- Transfer chicken pieces to a plate.
- Return pressure cooker to sear feature. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Whisk together chicken stock and cornstarch until dissolved, then pour into boiling mixture and stir until thickened.
- Add chicken back and cook another couple of minutes. Adjust seasoning.
- Place egg noodles in serving dish top with a chicken breast, sliced on the diagonal, and ladle on the sauce.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
This can also be made in a crockpot. Just cooking times.