Spinach Feta Burger
Today is National Hamburger Day………….let’s celebrate!!!!
This Spinach Feta Burger is not a traditional burger by any stretch, but that’s what makes it great. It expands your burger repertoire……..but not your waistline.
Bonus………only 5 ingredients………that’s right 5. Ground chicken, egg,spinach, fresh dill,and feta cheese. You can make them in a flash. You can grill them, or cook them in a pan indoors = versatile.
Bread/Bun is your choice. The first time I made them, I used a sweet Hawaiian bun, both Tim and I said, not the right choice. So, the next time we thought……… something crunchy. Tim picked up a rustic French loaf……….the fat kinda round ones, not the long skinny one. It was perfect! We toasted the bread………yum…….nothing better than toasted bread/bun for a burger.
We topped it with a Roasted Red Pepper Sauce. It was a perfect match………and kinda like ketchup……..Not!………….. It was sooooo much better.
The next time your are searching for a extra special burger, try our Spinach Feta Burger……and be sure to make the Roasted Red Pepper Sauce.Print
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- 6 cups chopped spinach
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- Grilled French Bread Slices
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl using your hands.
- Form patties.
- Grill for 4-5 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Grill sliced french bread.
- Place burger on grilled bread and top with roasted red pepper sauce.
Keywords: feta, spinach, ground chicken, french bread, burger, good for you
- 15 ounces of jar of roasted red peppers, drained and blotted dry
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons parsley,chopped
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 2 cloves mashed garlic
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in food processor.
- Pulse until incorporated, stopping occasionally to scrape down the bowl.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Sauce will keep for a week in the refrigerator.
Keywords: red peppers, capers, garlic, sauce, topping, no cook