Sometimes in the blog world you need a little help from your friends. Sriracha Orange Glazed Green Beans was a recipe I found over at Simply Recipes.
So, I after visit to a local produce cart and purchased some really nice green beans, I needed a recipe. But, with my mind on school lunch, it was hard to focus on anything other than chicken nuggets, and school pizza. I really needed a recipe!
Blanch the green beans, which takes only minutes, once the water boils…..oh hum!
Give the cooked beans a quick dip in some icy water to stop the cooking process. This method gives them a beautiful green color, and a crisp snap.
In a small bowl the “dressing” is 3 simple ingredients, orange marmalade, soy sauce, and Tim’s favorite Sriracha. Spicy ketchup. It adds a little kick to the recipe.
Drain the beans and toss with the sauce……lol, I’m a poet!!
Serve at room temperature. They are the perfect side for anything grilled, or would be a nice on a Crudite Platter. Fancy French word for veggie tray.
A big thanks to Simply Recipes for giving my over worked blog brain a rest so I could focus on the busy business of feeding the future leaders of the world a nutritious breakfast and lunch!
Have some green beans to use? Try Sriracha Orange Glazed Green Beans.Print
- 3/4 pound to 1 pound of green beans, snipped
- 1/3 cup sweet orange marmalade
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- Blanch beans in boiling water to which you added 2 teaspoons of salt. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the green beans are just tender.
- Place cooked beans into a bowl of ice water to quick cool them. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl mix the orange marmalade, soy sauce, and Sriracha
- You can adjust the spice to your taste.
- Add the orange sauce to the cooked green beans and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.