Strawberry Pretzel Pizza
It was a pizza weekend…….I do believe that I was in a pizza induced carb coma by Monday! But what awesome pizzas we had!
No meal is complete without dessert……after all it’s the whole point of a meal….isn’t it????
Being of the point of view,anything will taste good on a pizza. I started looking at dessert recipes, and what perhaps could be transformed into a pizza.
With spring on its way, although I’m not totally convinced…..strawberries are one of my all time favorite springtime recipe makers. Love strawberry pie,strawberries shortcake,or adding strawberries to ice cream……..and how about that strawberry pretzel dessert? You know the one, with the pretzel crust and creamy yummy cream cheese filling with strawberries on top……bingo!!!
Strawberry Pretzel Pizza……a pretzel crust, topped with the cream cheese filling and strawberries……Here’s what I did:
Made a crust using my Auntie Anne’s Copy Cat Pretzel recipe.
Rolled the dough into a 12” circle.
Docked the inside:Docking the dough means perforating the surface with fork to pop bubbles and that keeps the dough flat.
Baked the crust, removed from oven and brushed with melted butter and sprinkled with more salt. Then cooled.
Mixed the filling and spread over cooled crust.
Topped with strawberries. fancy or casual…your choice.
Drizzled with jam.
The result Strawberry Pretzel Pizza.
And I must say…… this was totally awesome. Just the right amount of sweet and salty. The filling is silky and creamy, and topped with luscious strawberries.
Tim loved it! It makes a big pie, so I kept a few slices for us and shared the rest with the staff at my High School. They all enjoyed a special treat from the boss.
This would be a perfect take along, as it holds well, and tastes great even two days later.
Maybe I should make salad, to get me out of this carb coma…..hmmmm! Watch for a new recipe:)
- 1 recipe Auntie Annes Copy Cat Pretzel
- 1- 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 – 8 ounce container of cool whip
- 1 large container fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- Make 1 recipe of Auntie Annes Pretzel dough. Replacing milk with vanilla almond milk.
- Divide dough in half. Use one half for pizza crust and make the remaining half into pretzels or freeze to use later.
- Roll the dough in to a large circle about 12 inches. Roll the edge to form ridge around the pizza. Poke holes all over the inside of the dough.
- Bake at 450* until golden brown. Remove from the oven and brush with butter and sprinkle with kosher salt. Allow to cool completely.
- While crust is cooling prepare filling. Whip cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer or using a hand mixer. Mixing the cream cheese alone helps eliminate lumps. Add sugar and mix until smooth and creamy. Gently by hand fold in cool whip.
- Spread filling evenly on cooled crust.
- Place strawberries in a decorative pattern on top of filling. I placed fanned strawberries around the outside edge and used chopped on the inside. Be creative.
- Heat strawberry jam in microwave for about 30 second just to melt enough to drizzle.
- drizzle jam over strawberries.
- Place in refrigerator and allow to cool for several hours.
- Slice and serve.