Red Velvet Oreo Pinwheels
Whoever at the Oreo cookie company that invented Red Velvet Oreos………you have my undying devotion. These are wonderful……..I sang that part.
So, when I saw a little video on Facebook…..it was a Wal Mart ad, called Oreo’s Let’s Play I without a doubt had to try it. Simple and easy using Oreo cookies and crescent dough.
Well, being me and loving …….I sang again……the red velvet Oreo, I wanted to use them. I also used puff pastry. Partly because I had it and mostly because I love flaky, golden puff pastry.
First split the cookie and remove the cream center and set aside.
Place cookie part in a ziplock bag and crush. I used my meat tenderizer, and beat them…..good therapy…..lol.
Roll out 1 sheet of puff pastry, just a bit not too thin. and brush with butter.
Sprinkle crushed cookies evenly over buttered pastry.
Roll the pastry into a log.
Slice…..a serrated knife works really well.
Place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Press down slightly, and brush with egg wash (1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water).
Remove from oven and place cream filling on top of each pinwheel. Return to oven for just a minute. You can spread the “frosting” easier.
And ta da ……..Red Velvet Oreo Pinwheels.
Try other Oreo flavors to change the recipe up……….next time maybe peanut butter!
- 6 red velvet Oreo cookies
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Mini Chocolate chips for garnish if desired.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Separate cookies. Scrape crème filling onto a small plate; reserve for later use. Finely crush cookies.
- Unroll puff pastry dough onto cutting board; brush with butter. Sprinkle with cookie crumbs; roll up. Cut into 8 rolls.
- Place 2 inches apart, on baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Place reserved filling on top each pinwheel.Return to move for just a minute to soften. Spread cream filling for frosting. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips if desired.
- Serve warm.