Burgers are normally a cookout item. Want to get fancy smancy? Chicken Piccata Burger.
I think chicken piccata is a wonderfully delicious dish. Why couldn’t it be a burger? No reason I can think of!
I have many ground chicken recipes on What the Forks for Dinner? Check some of them out. We have a recipe index, so look around!
Ground beef is always perfect for a burger, but sometimes you want to shake it up or make it a little more upscale…….well as upscale as a burger can be…….
So, Chicken Piccata Burger is born. Ground chicken with cappers, and parsley. Shaped into patties and then given the one…two….three treatment.
Flour, egg, and panko crumbs. Set up a dipping station using three shallow bowls, and the afore mentioned ingredients. Dipping the chicken burger and cooking until golden brown and crunchy.
Herb Lemon Butter makes this dish. A compound butter with fresh herbs, lemon, salt, and pepper. If you have never used compound butter before, try it……its a wonderful topper to steaks, or burger, and makes corn on the cob a taste delight.
A dollop of the butter on top of the burger, with leaf lettuce and sliced tomatoes on a ciabatta bun. Piccata perfect.
Next time you want to switch up a burger, try Chicken Piccata Burger.Print
Chicken Piccata Burger
- Yield: 6
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 -2 cups panko crumbs
- 6 Ciabatta buns
- Lemon Herb Butter (see recipe)
- Leaf lettuce, tomato for garnish
- Combine ground chicken, capers, and parsley until combine, do not over mix.
- Form into 6 patties.
- Set up a dipping station with flour, egg, and panko crumbs in shallow dishes.
- Heat enough oil in a large skillet to cover the bottom of the pan. Once the oil is hot ,dip each patty into, flour, then the egg, then panko crumbs. Place in hot oil and cook until golden brown and cooked through, turning often.
- To serve, put lettuce and tomato, and chicken burger on the bottom of the ciabatta bun. Place a slice of the Herb Lemon butter on top and allow to melt slightly. Place top on bun and enjoy.
Herb Lemon Butter
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Add salt and ground black pepper to taste. Scoop it all onto the parchment paper and roll the form a cylinder then twist the ends closed. Refrigerate until the butter is firm. May be frozen to use later.