WE LOVE POTATO CHIPS!!! Yes I am screaming this from the hill tops! Crunchy Double Cheese Chips are the best chips ever!!
Tim and I are huge potato chip fans. A sandwich isn’t a sandwich without chips, and they are our go to snack. Crunchy Double Cheese Chips take chips to the next level.
Whoever invented the kettle cooked chip should be given a medal. The crunchier the chips the better for my money. These chips amp the crunch up with an added bonus of cheese.
I adapted a recipe I found on Bon Appetit to make these chips. We had friends coming over to play cards, and of course we needed snacks. Finger food is best for card playing and I was making sliders (watch for that recipe soon) and sliders=sandwich=you need chips.
Tim’s favorite cheese is Asiago and I love parmesan, so I combined them. Now here is the beauty of this recipe, all you need are a bag of chips, and grated cheese….that’s it.
I do recommend the drier cheeses…like parmesan or asiago. I also recommend that you grate them yourself. Rumors of the pre-grated cheeses having cellulose ( made from wood pulp) or other anti clumping agents have made me a “grate my own gal!”
Quick, easy, and you probably have the item in your pantry. Preheat your oven, place the chips on a baking sheet, sprinkle with cheese, bake for 4 minutes……that’s right 4 minutes. Out of the oven, another sprinkle of cheese, top with black pepper and you have the best Crunchy Double Cheese Chips.
Perfect for football games, with a sandwich, or just to snack on….try them today…you won’t be disappointed!Print
Crunchy Double Cheese Chips
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- 1 8-ounce bag kettle-cooked potato chips
- 1 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. Arrange kettle cooked chips in a single layer on a baking sheet. In a small bowl combine the two cheeses.
- Sprinkle half of cheese mixture over chips.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 4 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the chips are browning around the edges.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Top with pepper. Let cool, then transfer to a serving bowl. Enjoy!
2 thoughts on “Crunchy Double Cheese Chips”
Thanks Lily….we think so too!!