Can you stand another Insta Pot recipe?? I sure hope so….Insta Pot Salsa Verde Chicken Tortilla Soup. Quick, easy, and super delicious! * Please note that I transferred my soup to a pretty soup stock pot…..as wonderful as the Insta Pot is, it’s not real pretty for pictures.
Over the summer I have gotten away from my Insta Pot…..no particular reason, just did’nt think about it much. On of my co-workers…..…Hi Grace 🙂 has not one, but two Insta Pots, and she has given me some recipes that I am dying to try. Our conversation inspired me to bring my Insta pot out of hiding.
Those who follow our blog know that Tim loves his food spicy. I have learned to embrace spiciness and Insta Pot Salsa Verde Chicken Tortilla Soup gives that spice in a flash thanks to a pressure cooker.
Insta Pots are pressure cookers come of age. Mine combines a slow cooker and rice cooker, with a great sear feature that allows you to get a nice brown color to meat before finishing… either slow or in a flash.
Don’t worry about a pressure cooker exploding or blowing up…these are not your Mama’s stovetop canner units. The new countertop units are sleek and state of the art. Make sure you read the directions and safety instructions and you will not have any problems.
My Insta Pot is not a brand name pot. I bought a very cheap generic version at Aldi’s and it works perfectly. Maybe someday I will purchase a grander version, but for now my cheapy works great.
For this recipe, I tossed everything but the beans and corn in my pressure cooker for 10 minutes. After letting it release on it own for 10 minutes, I quick released the remaining pressure and added the corn and beans.
Soup was on, just add your favorite toppings…I like sour cream, avocado, and crispy tortilla strips, but add your favorites.
Quick, easy, spicy, and delicious…add Insta Pot Salsa Verde Chicken Tortilla Soup to your Insta Pot recipe collection!Print
- 1 pound package chicken tenders, cut into chunks
- 1-16 ounce jar salsa verde
- 4 cups chicken stock or bone broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1-15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups fresh/frozen corn
- • limes, sour cream, cilantro, green onion, avocado, tortilla strips
- In pressure cooking pot, add chicken, salsa verde, chicken stock, onion, bell pepper, cumin, chili powder, salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, and tomato paste. Stir together.
- Following your pressure cooker instructions set to high pressure for 10 minutes.
- After cooking for 10 minutes allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes and then use a quick release the remaining pressure.
- Add black beans and corn. Stir until corn is heated through, turning on simmer feature if necessary
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with your favorite toppings.
Keywords: instant pot, chicken, salsa verde, chicken stock, black beans, corn, soup