Grilled Spaghetti and Cheese Sandwich
This sandwich is a hot mess…….a tasty, melty, ooey, gooey, hot mess! A Grilled Sapghetti and Cheese Sandwich hot mess!!
What in the world do you do with left over spaghetti?????
For Tim and I, a whole pot of spaghetti ….well, it could last a life time! Not anymore, we will be eating this sandwich instead!
This is more of a method, as opposed to a recipe. I didn’t measure the amounts, as it is one of those you decide how much recipes.
Heres what I did:
I reheated the spaghetti. It would be too hard to heat the spaghetti all the way though without burning the bread.
I piled the warm spaghetti on the bottom half. Use as much or little as you like.
Top the spaghetti with fresh mozzarella cheese. Again as much or little as you like. Top cheese with a generous sprinkle of Italian seasoning.
Put the top on your sandwich and spread with butter. Sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese and press down to adhere to the butter.
Preheat a skillet or griddle over medium low heat and flip the sandwich, butter side down onto the skillet. Don’t worry if some of the parmesan comes off, just lay the sandwich on it…..it will melt.While the one side is cooking, butter the other side and sprinkle parmesan, pressing slightly to make it adhere.
Flip over, cooking each side until golden brown. Watch carefully, as it only takes a second to go from perfect, to slightly more than golden …..a.k.a. burnt!
Remove from skillet, sprinkle with extra parmesan and parsley if you wish.
Serve with extra napkins!
Grilled Spaghetti and Cheese Sandwich is the perfect way to use leftover spaghetti…….or a reason to make a big pot full!!!
- 4 cups leftover Spaghetti
- 12 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 8 slices sliced ciabatta bread
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 2-4 tablespoons butter
- Parsley and extra parmesan cheese of garnish.
- Reheat spaghetti.
- Place sliced bread on cutting board to assemble sandwiches.
- Place approximately 1 cup of spaghetti on each one slice of bread. Adjust the amount to your liking adding more or less.
- Top spaghetti with 3 slices of fresh mozzarella cheese. Again using the amount you like adding more or using less. Sprinkle each with ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning.
- Place remaining slices of bread atop the spaghetti and cheese to form a sandwich.
- Spread butter on on top of bread and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, pressing down slightly so cheese adheres to butter.
- Preheat a skillet or griddle over medium low heat. Place sandwiches butter side down and grill until golden brown. Watch carefully so they do not burn adjusting heat if necessary.
- Spread remaining butter on sandwich and top with remains parmesan cheese.
- Flip sandwiches and grill on other side until golden.
- Sprinkle with parsley and extra parmesan cheese for garnish.