It’s late….you need treats for work tomorrow…..no time??? Turtle Pecan Graham Cracker Crack.
This is seriously easy, and you probably have all the ingredients on hand. Well, maybe not the chocolate graham crackers, and you can use regular, but make a quick dash to the store if you need too! The chocolate graham crackers make this recipe!
There are many recipes for this type of candy, cookie, or sweet treat? Whatever name it goes by it’s DELICIOUS!!!
When I made this Tim kept going back for more. He said “ya just can’t stop” I said “I know like crack” …….not that I now anything about crack……that was a joke…….folks are too serious these days….lol
I was on a cooking jag this past weekend. I made lots of special treats and will share them with you over the next week.
It’s that time of year, when we all feel the need to bake or cook, and share those treats with family and friends. Turtle Pecan Graham Cracker Crack is that kind of recipe.
It’s perfect to nibble on, or to give as a gift. Break it up and place it in a nice box or bag…..instant gift. Or make a batch for a cookie exchange, it will be the most requested recipe.
The whole recipe took less than 25 minutes. Do yourself a favor and be sure to use tin foil to line the sheet, and be sure to spray it with nonstick spray. I tried using parchment paper, but the butter – brown sugar mixture leaked underneath and it was a sticky mess. Foil lets you just lift up the sticky and toss it.
Combining chocolate and caramel chips, and topping with pecans, gives the turtle taste. The sugar gives extra crunch and sparkle.
If you are looking for a quick easy sweet treat, look no further than Turtle Pecan Graham Cracker Crack!Print
- 10–12 sheets of chocolate graham crackers
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup caramel chips
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- Line an 11 x 15 baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray foil with non stick cooking spray. Arrange chocolate graham crackers side by side in a single layer and set aside.
- In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Once butter is melted add the brown sugar stirring to combine. Bring mixture to a boil stirring constantly and boil for 2 minutes. Remove mixture from heat and pour over chocolate graham crackers. Using a spatula spread the mixture evenly over the chocolate graham crackers. Place covered chocolate graham crackers in oven and bake for 6-7 minutes, until the butter mixture is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle the chocolate and caramel chips evenly on top of the graham crackers. Allow to set for several minutes until the chocolate and caramel are melted. Using a spatula or knife, spread the chocolate and caramel swirling as much as you like. Sprinkle the toasted pecans over the swirled chocolate and caramel, then sprinkle with sugar.
- Let set for several hour ( if you are in a hurry pop the baking sheet in the freezer for about 10 minutes) then break into pieces to serve.