Brussels Sprouts Goat Cheese Bacon Pizza
Brussels sprouts are a love – hate vegetable. Most either love them or hate them. Tim and I happen to be of the love’m group.
I’ve roasted them with grapes, topped a brat with them, made a salad, and now have made two pizza’s with them. Our first brussels sprouts pizza was Scallop Bacon Brussels Sprout Pizza and it was delicious….brussels sprouts and scallops with bacon……yum!
Sometimes, you just know flavors that pair well together. Bacon and brussels sprouts, goat cheese, roasted garlic, and parmesan. Is it a traditional pizza…..oh heavens no, but the flavors are so perfect together, they deserve a turn on a pizza crust.
Marinara was the odd duck out for this recipe, but I needed a sauce and I had a jar of it in the pantry, so I took a chance. When making a recipe, I will get so excited over it, I neglect to write things down….such was the case of the marinara, so I don’t remember the brand. It had a touch of heat too it that was right up TIm’s alley. For all my misgivings about the tomato part… it was perfect.
Precooking the brussels sprouts until they are tender crisp gives them a light caramelization and enhances the flavor. Bacon fat doesn’t hurt either.
If you are looking for a different and unique pizza Brussels Sprouts Goat Cheese Bacon Pizza is that pizza.Print
- 1–14 ounce Boboli pre made pizza crust
- 1 cup marinara sauce – home made or jarred
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic
- 3 slices applewood smoked bacon, diced and cooked crisp
- 2 cups shredded brussels sprouts
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced thin
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450* degrees.
- Place pizza crust on a pizza stone or a baking sheet. If using a baking sheet spray with cooking spray before placing the crust on the sheet.
- Cook the bacon in a small skillet until crisp. Remove to drain on paper toweling, reserving 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat in the skillet.
- Over medium heat add the brussels sprouts and onion to the reserved bacon fat and cook until tender crisp about 3-5 minutes.
- Assemble the pizza ingredient in the following order; pizza crust, marinara sauce, brussels sprouts mixture, roasted garlic, goat cheese, bacon, parmesan cheese.
- Place pizza in preheated oven and bake for 15 – 18 minutes or until the cheese is melting and just turning brown. If you wish the cheese to be a little more brown you can broil for the last two minutes of cooking time.
- Remove from the oven, slice and enjoy.