Marinated Mozzarella is your Sunday snack ticket!!!
Sunday snacks……what football game would be complete without them??
This is one of the easiest recipes ever…….I kid you not. Cut. Mix. Pour. Store.
It can literally be made in about 10 minutes. A pound block of mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes, then mixed with sundries tomatoes, garlic, and herb…….covered with olive oil and marinade.
Only downside to this recipe is that it needs to be removed from the frig about an hour before game time. The olive oil does tend to set up and you need to allow it to return to room temp.
This could be considered a plus…….take out the cheese, and by the time you get your favorite team garb on, you are ready to go…….I know, but in girl time, it will take an hour to get ready!!
So, enjoy a snack of Marinated Mozzarella at your next Sunday game!!!!
P.S. Marinated Mozzarella can also be an elegant appetizer for special occasions or holidays.Print
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese,cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup, sun dried tomatoes in oil drained,diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 cups olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place all ingredients except oil in a large bowl and toss to bled ingredients.
- Place tossed cheese mixture into a large mason jar. Pour olive oil over cheese in jar; seal and turn upside down. Refrigerate overnight, turning several times. Serve with bread or crackers.