Cauliflower is all the rage……….. It can be eaten raw, roasted, fried, mashed, made into a sauce, and best of all, it is super duper good for you. Roasted Sweet Chili Cauliflower is my easy Asian take on roasted cauliflower.
Cauliflower has a mild taste, sort of a cross between broccoli and cabbage. It takes on the flavor of whatever you add to it…..it’s a most versatile veggie.
My first experience with using it for anything other than eating it raw, or in soup, was a “diet” I was trying. It said you could make cauliflower into mashed potatoes and not tell the difference……..this my friends is true!
Using cooked cauliflower as a sub for potatoes makes it low in carbs and high in nutrients, the “cauli-taste” is very mild. Mixing in cheese, or garlic, and a touch of cream….outstanding.
I love all roasted veggies. I do not love buffalo sauce. The reason I bring this up is, as I was searching for inspiration for roasting cauliflower, I saw many recipes for Buffalo Cauliflower ………not so much for me…..
But, I do love the taste of sweet chili sauce…….thank you McDonald’s and the sweet chili chicken wrap! So, why not use sweet chili sauce instead of the buffalo sauce………I love to step outside the box!
This was super easy to make…….cut cauliflower into florets, place on a cookie sheet sprayed with coconut oil, sprinkle with salt and garlic pepper, and roast for 20 minutes.
Mix the sweet chili sauce with a little butter, pour over cauliflower after the 20 minutes and roast for an additional 5 minutes.
If you are treating these like the buffalo counterpart you need cool dip. Sesame Honey Dip…….cool greek yogurt, Miracle Whip (mayo if you must), honey, a touch of dijon, and sesame oil for the Asian flare…..sweet and cool.
Serve the Roasted Sweet Chili Cauliflower Bites with the Sesame Honey Dip and some baby cucumbers cut into spears for a sweet and spicy Asian snack.Print
- 6–8 cups of fresh cauliflower florets
- 2 teaspoons garlic pepper
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- ¾ cup sweet chili sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and place cauliflower on a baking sheet and spray with coconut oil.
- Sprinkle garlic pepper, and salt, over the cauliflower.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- Combine the melted butter and sweet chili sauce and pour over the cauliflower florets, roast for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with Sesame Honey Dip
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip (mayo)
- 2 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sesame oil
- Mix all ingredients well. Serve.