Bruschetta has been on my short list of easy and quick appetizers for years. I always just made it….no recipe, just whipped it up. Cauliflower Spread Bruschetta has the whipped up part…..written down!
Years ago I worked for a long time friend at a restaurant she owned called the Herb Garden Deli Cafe & Bakery. Michelle turned me on to bruschetta, and although my version was never quite like hers, it’s damn good!
I modeled my Bloody Mary Bruschetta from Michelle’s version. Admittedly I took creative license….. Continue reading “Cauliflower Spread Bruschetta”
Mashed Cauliflower Stuffed Portabella Caps
Reformulating recipes to fit my new Weight Watcher lifestyle has been a unique challenge. Trying to use old recipes and make them point friendly means thinking outside the box.
I am almost one month on Weight Watchers and am feeling several things……
- Happy that I have stuck to it….I’m not much on will power where food is concerned.
- Glad to say I have lost 8 pounds.
- Unhappy to say I have only lost 8 pounds….just wish it was coming off faster
- Empowered that I can make choices…they are my points to use as I wish.
- Grateful that such a program exists and helps you with the hard stuff, like how many points are in what foods. The app for the program is stupendous.
Continue reading “Mashed Cauliflower Stuffed Portabella Caps”
Whole Roasted Loaded Cauliflower
Cauliflower is still a shinning star in the food world. Pearly white heads of chunky florets, just begging for new recipes. Whole, in florets, mashed, or riced, the possibilities are endless.
I’m not sure if I have told this story before….after almost five years, I may have started to repeat….or maybe its old timers.
When I was kid, we all went over the river and through the woods to Grandmothers house. Ok, we did go over a river, but she didn’t live in the woods, and we called her Grandma. Anyway, Holidays were spent at her house, and she cooked. My Grandma was an awesome cook, you know the old fashioned, down home kind of cook <3. Continue reading “Whole Roasted Loaded Cauliflower”