Rosemary Lemon Chicken with Arugula Cannellini Bean Salad
I am finding out that in the blogging world, things can and do go awry…….I guess I should have know that it would not always be smooth sailing. I use a photo editing program that is currently experiencing difficulty. So this post will not have my usual formatting. As soon as my editing program is back to normal I will replace the photos to the type I usually have.
So, that being said ………..this weeks Date Night Dinner is of a lighter fare. We are still trying to eat “better”. I am once again using beans, but this time in a salad. In one of my previous jobs we had a lemon rosemary chicken marinade that we used for our chicken and I always thought it made the chicken juicy and flavorful. So since I could not for the life of me remember the recipe, I made up my own. It turned out very good. I used some of the same flavors for the salad and viola`……..a match made in heaven.
Maybe I am thinking of spring and summer and this will be a perfect dinner to eat alfresco. In better weather ……..the day I made this was one of the many days that it snowed this past month……..you could easily grill the chicken for your alfresco dining pleasure!Print
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- salt & pepper
- 2 – 6oz boneless, skinless, chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 15oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/8 small red onion thinly sliced
- For the Chicken:
- Whisk together the 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, the rosemary, garlic, juice from 1/2 the lemon, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper in a dish large enough to hold the chicken breast. Add the chicken turning to coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive soil in a skillet over medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade ( throw away remaining marinade). Cook 6 to 8 minutes per side ( depending on thickness of chicken) until cooked through (internal temperature of 165*)
- For the Salad:
- In a large bowl whisk the dijon mustard, juice form 1/2 lemon, 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, and 2 tablespoons for reaming olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Add beans, arugula, and red onion, toss to combine.
- To Serve:
- Divide the salad between to dinner plates and serve with chicken breast.